The Truth Hurts

The Church is in dire need..Heresy has taken root and false teachers and doctrines have arose within us from people that claimed to be among us...We used to divide the Word of Truth, used to tell people that they cannot live in sin and be a Christian...Nobody wants to hear the truth because of the "itching ears" doctrine...However, it's time to tell THE TRUTH

Monday, October 31, 2011

You are not alone Part 1

"I command you-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Lonliness....it's a feeling that every human being has felt at one point in their lives. There is no feeling that is as dreadful as lonliness because it comes in different ways. When we break up with our boyfriend/girlfriend, when we don't have many friends or even when we feel like no one understands us, it's easy to feel alone and like no one cares about you. Honestly, I've felt alone my entire life. I felt like no matter how hard I tried to make friends or find my worth in something, I felt like an outcast. I have a fake leg, and bad vision, and out of all my brothers and sisters, I am the only one with a fake leg. I understand that many times, we feel alone simply because there is no one there to say "I get it. I've been there, and you're not alone." Lonliness can lead to depression, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts, and possibly voilent behavior towards others.

We were not created to be lonely, and the truth is that we are NOT alone. God promised us in Joshua 1:9 and Hebrews 13:5 that He would NEVER leave us or forsake us. So why do we feel so alone? The reason we feel alone is because we left God. It's that simple. It's like when you turn 18, and you move out the house to get your own place. When you spend the first night at your new place, you begin to feel alone. Why? You left the place where you were comfortable, and that's what sin did: It separated us from God. Many times in life, we struggle to find out who we are and what our purpose is in life. This constant search makes us feel alone when we don't have the answers we want or need and we begin to think "Maybe I don't have a purpose" "Maybe I was an accident" "I am a nobody, no one cares about me" My friend, God cares about you and is with you every step of the way.

I've tried to find my purpose by going to college, having a girlfriend, etc. but after the relationships kept failing, and I got put on Academic Suspension....I found myself crying in the middle of the night, asking God "Where Are You?" "Why am i so alone?"....God showed me Joshua 1:9 and I was amazed because it was the first time in my life that someone had promised to NEVER leave me. My mom left when I was a toddler, I've lost many friends over the years, and it took it's toll on me. I used to be depressed, suicidal, and angry because I felt alone until I gave my life to Jesus Christ. However, those feelings try to come back but I remind myself of the promises God made to me that He would never leave me.

You are never alone because God promised he wouldn't leave you but you can't really experience a closeness with Him until you accept His Son, Jesus Christ. Why is this important? It's important because once you accept Christ, you will be directly connected to God, and you can begin your relationship with Him. Sinners are people who live in sin everyday, and is separated from God. When you accept Jesus Christ, God will send His Holy Spirit to comfort you and to help you. In order to accept Christ, you must admit that you are a sinner, confess that Jesus was God in human form and died for your sins, and believe that God raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved (Read Romans 10:9-10). However, you must understand that the feelings will try to come back but now that you have Christ with you, you can battle those feelings with HIS WORD (The Bible).

You will continue to feel alone if you try to fill that void with people, things, money, etc. I know this from personal experience. Jesus Christ is the ONLY one that can transform your life, give you joy, and take away your lonliness and pain. Jesus loves you and promised that He wouldn't leave you. Accept His Promise and accept Him. Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment